Funded by the New Americans Initiative through Illinois Dept. of Human Services and Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights, New Americans Campaign, Access to Justice through The Resurrection Project, the City of Chicago Legal Protection Fund, the Lawyers Trust Fund, the Illinois Immigrant Funder Collaborative, and others.
The Immigration and Citizenship Program aims to help immigrant community members achieve greater stability by offering two main services: high quality, affordable, and comprehensive legal services, and citizenship classes to assist them in studying for and passing the English and Civics tests required to become a U.S. citizen.
For immigration legal services, we offer comprehensive immigration evaluations, and upon case acceptance, full legal representation to apply for certain forms of immigration relief including citizenship, Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals (DACA), family-based immigration, removal of conditions of residence, and humanitarian forms of relief such as VAWA, U Visa, T Visa, and Temporary Protected Status (TPS).
The Indo-American Center does not offer the following services:
- Visa Application Assistance for Foreign Countries (ex: India (OCI), Pakistan). Instead, contact your country’s embassy/consulate or a local travel agency.
- U.S. Passport (Application, Renewal). Instead, call the US Department of State (1-877-487-2778) or visit their website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html
- Review of completed immigration forms without legal representation
- Document translation
- Printed immigration forms. You may visit https://www.uscis.gov/forms/all-forms to access and print USCIS forms for free.
- Business Immigration (Employer I-140, change/extend nonimmigrant visa)
Citizenship classes are paused/cancelled as IAC moves towards in-person class offerings. We will send an update to all students regarding class offerings.
Please contact us if you have an interview coming up in the next two weeks. We can connect you with our one on one tutoring program to support you until classes resume.
(773) 973-4444 ext 137 (if you require translator support – leave a message and we will return your call) or email email@example.com
IAC offers free citizenship classes Monday – Thursday as detailed below. Students in IAC’s Citizenship Classes have a high interview pass rate. Free classes are offered for 2 hours each day throughout the year. Mock interviews and targeted English language skills are incorporated into the curriculum.